Friday, September 21, 2012

We are in Thailand!

Have you ever daydreamed about a place you always wanted to go a and suddenly woke up and you were there? Well for me, one of those places is Thailand and Southeast Asia. We arrived last evening in the middle of a torrential lightning and thunder storm! It was spectacular to say the least. Being an avid fan of weather with personality…blustery, rainy, with some thunder and lightening being my favorite, I took it as a personal welcome and am sitting in my fourth floor room listening to the rain hit the tin roof and watching the most glorious lightening show ever.

While this weather may deter some…we are not a part of that crowd. Thailand is well known for it's massage and cooking schools and we plan to do both as many times and places as possible. Today may be the perfect day for those activities. We are staying in one of the older neighborhoods, Banglamphu,  by the recommendations of our 'children' Dezerai and Jared Seitzer who spent several months in this area. There are many temples with walking distances so the location is perfect. Bicycles are available and when the rain lets up we will begin to explore a little further. We are pleased so far and look forward to see what the day will bring.

It is early morning and I am up enjoying this quiet moment…aware of how very blessed I am. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the beautiful life I have and the people and places that are in it. Excited to see what the day will bring. Will let you know!

No comments: