Thursday, October 12, 2017

Another Way Begins


We have just finished the Camino Primitivo and will join our friends the Martina's on the Camino Frances. I am getting better at enjoying each moment that I am in but I have to admit every once in awhile I forget this aspect of life and get caught up in the over thinking of what might happen next. Near the end of this walk we had contemplated walking off trail so we could just walk in and  join the French Way from where we were. Our plans were centered on finding that point in which we could do this the best. We contemplated our options and when the moment came we just decided to walk the complete path and then catch a bus back. I am ever so happy we did...


We had said our goodbyes to our walking companions and we were a bit late getting into town. We opted to stay at a little Albergue on the edge of town. Here Andres cooked a turkey dinner for us and  assisted us with our travel plans in the morning. We would have to backtrack to Lugo and catch the bus. He said his father would take us in the morning so we could sleep in a bit and then get a direct bus ride into Sarria which would be our starting point on the Camino Frances. It worked just perfectly and it was much easier than anything we had come up with on our own. The kindness of strangers never ceases to amaze me.


The Primitivo was an arduous walk and probably the best way to see and appreciate the Asturian region of Spain. The people were exceptionally kind to us, the countryside was rural and mountainous, the food and drink outstanding and we are forever enriched by our time here. I am inspired by the simple rural life of this area and I am excited that it will be fall when we return to you. I'll make a pot of soup and bake some bread and we can sit by the fire and enjoy each other's company. I am looking forward to that time very much.

You are loved...

Buen Camino 

No comments: