Monday, March 14, 2016

The Gift

The Gift

For those of you who know me well, you know of my love for travel and adventure. From my very early years when my sisters and I would travel around the neighborhood with every thing we needed for an adventure in the back of our small red wagon ( I don't take much more than I did back then) I have always been smitten with wanderlust and the desire to take the road less traveled. As the seasons go by I find I am becoming more enamored with this 'affliction'.

Last fall when we were walking along the Portuguese Camino we met a couple from Germany. Like us, they had walked some of the Camino's before. They said they understood, we had the 'affliction', almost like an addiction to cross country walking. We smiled as we nodded in agreement with them. We completely understood what they meant.

Today we head off for another walk. After the reminder to be flexible as we travel (AKA Space Available travel) we will start our adventures in Sevilla, Spain where we will begin to walk the Via de la Plata aka the Silver Road. Another road less traveled, we will meander through the heart of Spain where we hope to experience an even more rural Spanish culture and immerse ourselves in another life. Places like El Real de la Jara, Villafranca de los Barros, and Zamora to name a few. We are excited to see and to savor what we have not seen before. We are ready for the ease and fulfillment walking brings us.

We find we yearn for these times as if each passing day reminds us that these times are a gift to us from our Creator. We have been instilled with the  desire to travel this way in this season of our lives. We do not know the exact number of days in this season but know we would be foolish to waste any of them. So onward we go.

As always, we carry you in our hearts, wishing you were along side of us to share in these moments. Looking forward to the times we are together again sharing life.

Until then, Buen Camino.





No comments: