Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rabanal del Camino

Rabanal del Camino
I am not sure what happens as we enter into these small towns but this one quickly became one of my favorites. It looked more French then Spanish and as we walked through the streets we could quickly sense there was something special about this town and its people. When we walked into the Casa Rural we were hot and sweaty. We were quickly shown our room and our hostess offered us cool drinks and then offered to do our laundry for us. I am not sure why this is so moving and heart warming to me but it almost always makes me weep as they care for us. We picked up some fresh fruits and vegetables from her little mercado and proceeded to have a picnic lunch.

We had heard that the monks in the monastery were going to sing vespers in Latin in church that evening. I can not even begin to tell how beautiful and sacred this sounds. They are reciting some of the Psalms and their beautiful, pure voices resonate in a way that may you think you are listening to angels singing in heaven. We were very moved.
There is one restaurant in town and we met up for a lovely dinner. Our group consists of Australians, Canadians, an English couple and ourselves. We enjoyed lively conversations and delicious food.

I find myself thinking of you in these beautiful places. Longing to share this with you...looking forward to the times we are together again. You are loved...

Buen Camino.

No comments: