Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Home away from Home



At last we are at our resting place. Sonaisali literally means “resting place” in Fijian, so it is on this little Island that we will sit and rest awhile before returning home. This is also the place we recap the trip, discuss what could have made it better, follow up with the contacts we have made and plan for our next years trips.

This is also the place I get lost in my thoughts. Daydreaming about living in the South Pacific with easy idyllic days and cool nights.

Daydreaming-period. Sitting on the balcony each night just to watch the sunset into the water and waking early to bathe on the deck while a gentle breeze blows through the palm fronds and the waves hit the shore. Here is where I miss you the most... It is in the stillness and quietness that I think of you and know that you would enjoy this spot also. I take solace in knowing that your heart is next to my heart so in a way your are here with me…I know that I am blessed beyond what I could ever say...
and you are my blessing.

We will see you soon... in all the old familiar places. Love you so!

No comments: