Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bodega Irache

Bodega Irache
Along the road to Los Arcos we came across the Bodego Irache. This bodega and associated monastery has a history that's been around for over one thousand years. It has been run by a community of monks since the 10th century. It's famous Fuente del Vino (wine fountain) offers a free taste of wine where pilgrims can fortify themselves for the journey ahead at the generosity of the Bodega. We filled our conch shells and enjoyed the moment as so many before us had done.

As I walk, I look at the miles of vineyards and fig trees. We are stopped occasionally and are given grapes, figs and tomatoes from various gardens and I think of the generosity of these strangers towards me. I think back to the times of the early pilgrims and imagine that they too were taken care of in this way. As I pass through this area of abundance, I think of my own life. I have so much...am I as generous? This time on the road gives me time to think about the fruitage of the spirit in my own life.

I know our time here is for much more than walking. In the true form of a pilgrimage, I pray to hear what God would have for me in this season.

Buen Camino...

No comments: