Monday, September 29, 2014

Mi Bastones

Mi Bastones
My sticks aka my walking poles, my staff. Interesting how I have come to depend on my walking poles. They were an item I had no strong feeling about until I used them on our coastal hike. Now I am not sure I can do without them.

We have left Estella and are heading to Los Arcos. As we head up the hills I find that my bastones provide me with strength and if I hold on tightly they can lift me up to safe ground. As we head down the rather steep hills I find if my bastons go before me they ease my way and keep me from injury or fall. Sometimes they provide balance on roads that appear safe but where some unforeseen danger may lurk. I find at times that I will just lean on them for rest and support.

As we walk along this pilgrimage we have time to think of so many things. I find myself thinking about the reasons so many have walked this path before me. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the Great Shepard whose bastone guides and directs me...

Buen Camino.





No comments: