Monday, September 29, 2014

Puente de Reina

Puente de Reina
Today we will head into Puente de Reina. It is infamous in this area for it's six arched bridge. It was built in the medieval times and was quite the architectural wonder of its day. The sole purpose of this bridge was for the pilgrims who were walking the Camino. We had read about this area and it's quaintness and knew this was where we wanted to stay. We are happy that this is considered off season for tourist as we will have the place to ourselves. We are only twenty miles away...

Today my mind is filled with many thoughts and I love the time I have to process them. I think of everything from how to plant an herb and vegetable garden like the ones I see along the road to much deeper issues I am trying to reconcile. Sometimes a random thought will lead to another and I am touched by the beauty of what God would have for me in those moments of solitude. I was thinking about the weight of my pack today and how I might lighten my load. At eighteen pounds it is not overwhelming but over a period of time I feel each and every one of those pounds. I began to think of what items I could do with. I thought that even a few small items might make the load lighter when I was struck by another thought. Is my life like that also? Do I carry around things that I could let go of and ultimately make my journey lighter? I had miles to think of this and realized that in the end I would be much better off if I thoughtfully considered this in all of aspects of my life.

We crossed over the hill of forgiveness today...no better place to start lightening my load.
Buen Camino


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Walking with you . . .