Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Walk

The Walk
We are aboard the high-speed train heading south to Paris. We will disembark in Paris, have lunch and then reboard another train as we continue to head south towards St Jean de Pied Port. We are traveling at about 184 km/hr and even at that speed the scenery is beautiful as we leave the German countryside.

While I appreciate the ease and comfort of this travel and even the speed at which we are doing this, I find myself longing for a slower pace.

There have been so many changes this year for both Tom and I. Some new health developments for Tom, relinquishing the helm of MMI, some career considerations for me, that walking through them just seems the best way to get them into perspective. For me, walking has always been prayer. From my early days of motherhood when the only free moments I ever had were the ones between 4:00-5:00 am, I have always found great solace and strength in my early morning walks.

If you think about it, walking really is a step of faith. It is the perpetual motion of falling forward. Each step is a halted plunge, a fall averted, an impact stopped. We tend to take it for granted but this act of faith is really a two-beat rhythmic miracle. A melodic motion which embodies a moving forward and a letting go. A moving forward and a letting go...

So, as we walk toward unencumbering our lives, what better way really than doing it a step at a time. Approximately 40,000 steps a day to practice trust and faith in He who guides and knows our each and every step and the way He would have for us. We are excited to see who we are in this new season. I think the 542 miles will be a great start.

Will catch you when we can. Buen Camino.

No comments: